Monday, July 18, 2011

Lucky 22

I have never thought of myself as a superstitious person. Even though I used to always wear the same type of socks for every basketball game, the same tennis shoes for over 2 years even though they had a giant hole in the toe, always listen to the same music before particular events, etc, I still believed I was "above" being superstitious. Recently, turning twenty-two really made me see that I am superstitious--and I like it!

Twenty-two has always been the birthday I have looked forward to the most. It's a family tradition to wear the number 22 on a jersey, and I suppose I always believed it would bring me luck. I know it sounds crazy, but I really do believe this is going to be an excellent year for me. And as it turns out, if I believe I'm lucky, I'm much more likely to be so! The Wall Street Journal says so: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703648304575212361800043460.html

With my undoubtedly lucky year, here is what I plan to accomplish:
  1. Move into my own apartment and live alone.
  2. Meet new people at the new apartment.
  3. Watch my nephews play basketball together for the first time at Halls High School.
  4. Learn to sew (a button at the minimum).
  5. Study for the GMAT (and do really well since it's the year).
  6. Go to Harry Potter World in Orlando.
  7. Run the Disney Princess Half Marathon with my mom. Go team "Moore Fun to Run!"
  8. Learn to play the guitar.
  9. Go fishing.
  10. Watch some of my very best friends graduate from college.
  11. Save enough money by the end of the year so that I can buy a car.
  12. Read at least two books a month.
  13. Host poker night at my new apartment.
  14. Start couponing!
  15. Grow an herb garden in my kitchen.
  16. Create a business plan that I am actually passionate about.
  17. Finally fix my itunes so that if someone stole my ipod, or it died, I wouldn't die as well.
  18. Force myself to start listening to the daily news, even if it's only while I'm brushing my teeth.
  19. Take a cake decorating class.
  20. Dress up for Halloween. No, I do not believe there is an age limit, and I never will!
  21. Stay in touch with old friends--more than just through facebook.
  22. Figure out just what I want to do next year and pray that the luck continues :)

No comments:

Post a Comment