Monday, November 25, 2013

Road Rage

I am a pretty even-tempered person. Even if I am upset by something, I usually fake it until I actually do feel genuinely happy. There is one exception: I have road rage.

My nephew will giggle about it when he is riding with me and say how I am the least likely person he knows to have road rage. I blame it on my mom. No, she does not have road rage, but she is the most efficient person I know. That is where the rage stems from--my need for efficiency. Why would I want to spend more time on the road than is absolutely necessary?

The other day I was driving while talking with my parents and I said, "If this truck doesn't get out of the left lane I am going to go crazy!" I had been riding his tail for over five miles at this point. Seriously though, there is no excuse for going below the speed limit in the left lane. My mom replied by saying, "Keely, he doesn't have anyone to go home to." I had no clue what she was talking about, but they then told me I once said the same thing to my dad. 

When I was five, he was angry while driving and did a bit more than tailgate. I believe there were some expletives and a hand gesture involved. Apparently I just said, "Daddy, he doesn't have anyone to go home to." That's all it took to put him in his place and my mom's reminder was all it took to put me in mine. 

I am a firm believer that we can change the world one small act of kindness at a time. Here's a list compiled of 25 ways to make a difference in the world every day:


I like to think that "Stop Tailgating" should be added to the list. You will no longer see me riding your tail on the interstate and hopefully I will no longer receive middle fingers on a weekly basis. 

Here's to being the change we wish to see.

1 comment:

  1. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right
    here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get bought an impatience over that you wish
    be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come
    further formerly again as exactly the same nearly a
    lot often inside case you shield this hike.

    ReplyDelete