Monday, January 30, 2012

Two Weeks Notice

"Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be."-John Wooden

The past couple of weeks I have been trying to decide if moving to Nashville is the right decision for me. I would be leaving the security of a job with excellent benefits, my family and the city I have known all my life.

While the thought of leaving my family and missing my nephews play basketball certainly makes me want to cry (and did during a weak moment leaving a game last week), I don't want to be the person who stays somewhere forever due to the fear of failure while stuck in a stagnant career. I want to be the person who takes risks, makes changes and is able to tell crazy stories about my adventures when I get old and gray.When I went to Nashville three years ago, I fell in love with this bench. I always said if I ever lived there, this spot would be my second home. It looks like it will.

I turned in my two weeks notice this morning fully ready to start a new chapter of my life. 615, I'll see you soon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you Keely! Nashville is a beautiful city. I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kacey! You will have to come visit with Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete