As I mentioned before, I certainly believe in superstition. This has made me realize that I have been cursed, jinxed, whatever you want to call it. Despite firmly believing in my head that this would be my lucky year, it is simply not. This is still my birthday month, and all I have had are a series of unlucky events:
- The night of my birthday, this drunk guy dropped his beer glass while I was mid-stride heading to another venue. Of course the glass would manage to shoot right into my shoe and slice my toe something awful and promptly end the evening of celebration.
- I got towed while celebrating Lucy-Allen's birthday, even though we both parked in the restaurant's parking lot. Non-negotiable $90 down the drain to a company that operates from a trailer with la-z-boys on the front porch.
- The following day I got rear ended on the interstate in the left lane. On the way to the airport.
- Once in Orlando, my dad and I decided to go the casino and play cards. I really don't know why I even tried...
- Just two days ago, I pulled out a box of shoes that I haven't worn in about a year. I will spare you from finding out just what was in the box, and the shoe that I had already put on my right foot.