Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fake It 'Til You Make It

Between trying to get settled in a new job, apartment, car and city, I have been slacking on my blog posts. I promise to get better.

Last week I got to work at the Atlanta Market. As a fashion enthusiast, of course I was thrilled to go. Fellow coworkers were teasing me the entire trip because I told them I would love to just take a picture of this place so I can say, "I get to work here!" Between launching a new brand and learning more than I could ever remember, I completely forgot to take a photo of it. Luckily, I found this one on the internet.

It almost does it justice.

One of my favorite and most frustrating things about the Market was getting to meet all the other sales reps across the country. They were all so polished, sophisticated, classy and any and every other adjective used to describe an extremely well-dressed woman.

I have always loved telling others about how I got an article of clothing for ten dollars or some other ridiculously cheap price. After hearing the other women speak about their outfits, I quickly realized that I should keep to myself the fact that I paid thirty dollars for my dress--and I thought it was expensive! I wouldn't have had a chance to tell them anyways. In a sea of $400 dresses, nobody asks the girl wearing a thirty dollar dress where she found it.

Being the newest and youngest rep, I am determined to not also be the worst dressed. I have been combing the malls with any spare time this past week because I fly to California on Monday for an entire week of outfit comparisons/competition. My goal is for at least one person to ask me where I got something. I don't think that's too much to ask.


In the meantime, I'm stealing toilet paper from the malls to supplement my spending. I guess I will always be cheap--just a little better dressed.

Fake it til you make it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment