Thursday, May 10, 2012

Southern State of Mind

Last week I was in California for a national sales meeting. I had the best time meeting fellow sales reps as well as all of the other people who work for Brighton's headquarters. I have a new found admiration for anyone who works in a factory.

Everything is done by hand--including painting the inside of each individual belt hole!

I'm telling you, I have never in my life had so many people point out my accent as I did on this trip. Apparently people in other areas of the country don't use phrases like "crazier than a looney bird" or "not worth a lick." They also don't leave their purse unattended. I guess I'm always in a Southern state of mind.




Note my bag. People kept telling me, "You're not in Tennessee anymore, people will steal your purse!"

This is one of those looney birds I was talking about.This man had his rear end in a trash can with these signs sticking off his limbs.

One of the other things I was amazed at was all of the food. I especially loved when it was a pretty presentation like this one.
Thank goodness the hotel had a gym, or I would have been in some serious trouble.

Besides all of the product knowledge I learned, I also realized that going to bed close to midnight and getting up at 5:00 am for several days in a row does a number on the bags under your eyes. Luckily, I recently purchased Erase Paste by benefit. This stuff is a vacation in a jar.
I was able to look as excited as I felt all week.

I wonder if I should see if one of the Brighton designers would be interested in creating a mustache ring like this in Brighton's signature silver? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment