Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pinterest Mania

I found the mother of all social outlets available on the web. Pinterest. I have always loved to peruse the internet for good ideas on decorating, entertaining, fashion, etc. Now I love it even more! Essentially you create virtual bulletin boards. Gone are the days when you have to send your email address hundreds of links for recipes, gift ideas, and the like. Gone are the days when you have to mark something as a "favorite."

All you do is click "pin" on any photo on the internet, and it is immediately captured under the board you select. This means in ten years if I want to make the Nutella Crack Cake under the board titled "Sweet Tooth," I only have to click the picture and it takes me directly back to the original page that has the recipe.

Not to mention you can follow other Pinterest users or friends, comment on and "like" others' pins, and even repin others' pins as your own! It's amazing. Beware though, it's completely addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment