Monday, September 12, 2011

People Haven't Always Been There For Me but Music Always Has

I love this quote ^ from Taylor Swift. It's so true. Despite how many times people let me down, these songs never do:

1. Up on the Roof-The Drifters. Despite never having access to a roof, I feel I could have written this.
2. Can't Hurry Love- The Supremes. Such a shower singin' song.
3. The House that Built Me- Miranda Lambert. This will be the first song I learn to play on the guitar.
4. Sweet Baby James- James Taylor. James Taylor never lets me down, but I especially love this one because he wrote it for his nephew. Boy, do I understand that.
5. Don't Think Twice-Bob Dylan. He's always good. This one, though, has a special place in my heart and is absolutely never skipped on my iPod.
6. Home- Michael Bublé. I am so thankful I live close enough that home is never too far away for a visit.
7. One Fine Day- The Chiffons. Never fails to get me moving and bring back memories of lip-sync performances and riding to school with my dad.
8.Secret Garden- Bruce Springsteen. I especially love this with clips from Jerry Maguire.
9. Catch My Disease- Ben Lee. Best loud with the windows down.
10. Living for the Night- George Strait. King George should have a spot on every list.

I hope when you're disappointed by people, work, etc., you also have good music to get you through.

No comments:

Post a Comment