Sunday, November 28, 2010

So Thankful

Every year at this time I start really thinking about exactly what I am thankful for in my life. I thought I would share them with you:

1. I am extremely thankful for my family. I know I am biased, but I really do think I have the best family I have ever met. My mom loves unconditionally and happens to be the best hostess of all time. My dad is the most generous and understanding father and friend. I have a brother that has a sense of humor to liven any crowd; he got dealt the hand of two sisters and still smiles! My sister is forever young and has somehow managed to stop time. Her figure and dance moves put me to shame! Finally, I am so lucky to have two nephews that I adore. Being an aunt is quite possibly the best gift I have ever been given.

2. When people find out I have been to eleven schools, they always say they are so sorry. Even my mom has said she hopes I forgive her for having to change environments so often during my childhood. The ironic thing is, I wouldn't change it for the world. I have more true friends than anyone I know. Because I moved so often, I was able to make a couple of quality friends in each place. I am so thankful that I moved frequently and was given the opportunity the meet truly special people in each city and school that will be in my life forever.

3. I am thankful for my health, education, and being from the South. Seriously. Not only did I win the lottery by being born healthy and in the United States, but even more so by being born in Tennessee. I have had the luxury of being raised in an area that promotes friendliness, hospitality, traditions, football, fried food, and cowboy boots. Southern charm has been part of my life from the beginning, and I couldn't have asked for anything better.

I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment