Sunday, August 29, 2010

Insect Invasion


I have always heard that the South is known for its annoying, pesky insects. I, however, have never had much first hand experience with them because mosquitos, the most infamous Southern bird, never bite me. Having recently moved back to Knoxville to start classes, my roommate and I have added approximately forty other living companions. Flies!

The picture to the left is one of four of the hanging, sticky traps designed to snag the fly out of thin air. It's too bad the only thing it keeps grabbing out of thin air is my hair every time I walk past it! Fly count:1...my hair count: around 25. Because these have not been as successful as we hoped, we also went and bought four clear strips to be placed on windows. These have been somewhat more successful with each housing around five flies.

Does anyone know of any other way to get rid of them?? I suppose flies are the price you pay when you want to live in an apartment complex called The Woodlands. I would just love to get back to the nights when I fall asleep to the peaceful sound of nothing--not buzzing.

No comments:

Post a Comment