Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Country Strong

I am a movie buff. I love them. All genres. When I was growing up, I always went to see movies with my parents. Following the movie, it never failed, my dad would ask me these deep, philosophical questions about the movie, the message, characters, and plot. Needless to say, I have learned a lot from movies.

Although I love movies with a profound message that really cause me to think about my life, I am also a huge fan of your typical chick-flick. :) That's what I expected when I went to see Country Strong--a nice, feel-good chick-flick. As it turns out, it does have romance, but it also explores pain, loss, success, and love on the deepest, truest level. The acting was superb, and I liked and learned from all four of the main characters. The other great thing about it: it's based in the South!

Country Strong: exactly what I've always aspired to be... strong enough to choose love over everything else. If you haven't seen it, you really should. It even has a pretty great soundtrack! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment